Friday, October 28, 2011

Wow...our first blog:)

Well I decided to start a blog for two reasons:
1. Mikey hates Facebook
2. So family and friends out of town who we don't see often can see what we as a Diehl family are up to:)

We have a beautiful family of four right now:)  There is Mikey, Me (Megan), Lanli, and our puppy Oakley.  It is such a different feeling to actually have a family and have people that you care about.  I love it though.  Life could not be better without them. 

Mikey is now 21 and working full time at Integra Financial Services.  He loves skiing, riding his dirt bike, hanging out with friends, hiking, fishing, anything that involves not sitting down.:)  He loves to do hands on projects that he can learn from.  He loves training Oakley, and loves being with Lanli, and is a wonderful dad.

I am 22 and am loving being a mom.  I was going to school full time till this last semester when I had to take it off to have our beautiful daughter.  I am also working at Intergra Finacial Services, but only part time.  I love being a mom,skiing, being outdoors, hanging out with my family and friends, and going to school.  I am planning on going back this spring as long as everything works out!

Lanli Shea Diehl is our beautiful daughter born on 9/9/2011.  She was 8 lbs even and was 21.5 inches long.  She was born with a full head of dark long hair, which goes curly when it is wet.  Her middle name Shea is after my best friend:)  We decided on that , because it went good with the name Lanli, and because Shea is the kind of person you would want your daughter looking up to.  She is an amazing strong women and is has the most positive outlook on life!  We love her to death and are more than happy to have our daughter named after her:)
She is getting so long and is a very content, happy baby for the most part  She already has so much personality about her. She loves looking at the T.V. and has already starting talking. She knows Mikey and I, and will smile at us when she sees us. The past two nights she has slept all the way through the night (about 9pm-5am), which means happy baby= happy mommy:) She is wonderful and is very well loved by parents, especially grandparents, aunts and uncles.

















We got our puppy Oakley in August of this year.  She is a german shepard/pitt bull terrier mix.  She has the walk like the pitt bull, the ears like a german shepard(they are weird because they flop too), the fur of the german shepard, and the build of a pit bull.  We purchased her at the Cache Humane Society. She was there with all her syblings, they were all took away from their mother at a young age, which caused her to have some abandonment issues, but for the most part she is a pretty good puppy. Mikey has trained her to sit, stay, and shake so far.




This year has been a ridiculous, challenging year.  We found out I was pregnant in January, we have moved 3 times, the last time we moved, we actually moved into a house we had purchased, we got married, and I had our beautiful baby girl. 

We got married on May 20, 2011.  It was the best day of our lives.:)  Mikey and I had been dating for about 4.5 years and were planning on getting married the end of the summer anyways, but it got pushed up a little due to the unexpected pregnancy.  It was a long, exhausting, wonderful day:)  We had so much help from family and friends, which we are so greatful for! 
Some Engagements:)



Some Wedding:)











 
We were living in a one bedroom apartment that was in the attic of a house.  It was terribly hot!!  Especially when you are pregnant!  There was no a/c, so we purchasd a little window a/c unit and were confined to the bedroom for most of the summer.   After that we decided to purchase our house.   We hated paying rent, and hated the heat that we were in.  Also, our old apartment had a long stair case and it was hard being pregnant and climbing those stairs. 
Our house now is a two bedroom twin home(our neighbor is wonderful).  It is so much bigger than our last apartment, and even has a workshop for Mikey to do work on his Samurai and motorcycle.   We love being owners of a home.  We never want to leave:)   I think my favorite part about it is that is has a/c:)

The last eventful thing so far this year (hopefully the last;) is our baby.  She is such a good baby!!  I was four days late and ended up being on bedrest due to low amniotic fluid.  I ended up getting induced because of this as well.  I was in labor for about 9 hours, it was pretty easy(since I had the amazing epidurhal!)  upuntil the end, my body was just exhausted!!  But in the end, it was all worth it.  Our little girl is just beautiful!  We could not be more grateful!

This year, even though exhausting, long, and challenging, has been the best year.  We have learned alot about life and have grown up alot.  We could not have asked for a better family, or better friends!
We love you all, thank you so much for all your love and support!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment